Your experience starts with arrival at the church anytime from 4pm. Take some time to explore your home from home – there’s a lot to take in! – and settle into your comfortable rooms. Then you might like to jump straight into the relaxing hot tub in the courtyard garden to discuss what you’ve planned for the rest of the weekend – maybe with a glass of chilled sparkling wine. Let the cares of your long week float away. Your wonderful getaway break has just begun – the rest is up to you!
If you need help planning activities for your party please contact us well in advance to discuss individual requirements and rates for the following:
- Spa and pampering sessions: Alternatively, you can book external treatments direct with Thermae Bath Spa (in Bath) 01225 331234.
- We can arrange for qualified therapists to visit and treat you at The Old Church – these will need to be booked with us in advance. Treatments include: Reiki, Aromatherapy, Hot Stones Massage, Indian Head Message, Manicures, Pedicures, etc. We will be happy to discuss these treatments when you make your booking. For most treatments, prices start at £35.00 per person for a 45 minute session. More details see in house pampering and treatment sessions
- Celebration meals at local restaurants – see Local Highlights – we can help you with bookings
- Catered meals brought to you by top quality chefs. More details
- Countryside activities – The Mendip hills are a beautiful part of England where you can find activities to suit everyone. From peaceful walks, golf or horse-riding to more unusual sports such as clay-pigeon shooting, hot-air ballooning, karting and 4×4 off-roading
- Call us for numerous ideas and websites to plan your days or for help with bookings. Eating In: You can plan to cook your own party meals to be enjoyed in the atmospheric banqueting gallery. If cooking is not your forte, you could select a local take-away to deliver, or talk to us about arranging delicious catered meals; delivered, served and cleared away – all great options and none needing taxis!
- Eating Out: There is a wealth of local restaurants and cafes to choose from in Wells as you wander through the picturesque streets. You will find some of our favourites under Local Highlights